Tuesday 1 December 2009

November, December, start counting ...



It's raining on this first of December. A whimsical, drab drizzle in front of an almost-white sky. It may be a cruel joke - the kind of humourless joke that only weather gods come up with - on behalf of the people who are actually waiting for and looking forward to real winter, because it is associated, and signifies some other eagerly awaited event - or should I reverse this: the advent of some dearly loved and much needed person or other!

This year I, blasphemically, have reason to revisit the wonderful anticipation of a childhood advent, complete with countdowns and calenders, indulging with relish in my own childishness. I really can't wait for Christmas time this year! I think it's going to be a good one, for a change, as compared to the last few years which were decidedly meh. And in fact, I can actually stop counting and start rejoicing a few days before the 24th - see countdown in upper right corner. Oh sigh, the magical thing that is long distance relationships!

No comments: