Wednesday 10 February 2010

Knittin’ fittin’ mittens!

Or in this case: fingerless gloves.



I’m smitten.
I loves.

Knitting a glove wasn’t at all as difficult as I imagined it to be. Truth be told, I probably didn’t really do it “correctly”, I didn’t have a pattern or anything, I just sort of made it up as a went along, with the occasional peek at some online knitting help. But I never really grasp what they try to express in words, un-moving pictures are not much help if you’re looking for particular motion sequences, and, being left handed, even the youtube videos don’t really help. So I’m left with improvising, which worked surprisingly well. The only thing is that I hardly remember what I did, and therefore am a bit queasy concerning the second glove. I hope I'll be able to fashion an identical (inverted) version of this one though.

No comments: