Sunday 27 July 2008

You just don’t know if he is up for what you have in mind ...


Summer's hasting on
I'm trying to get a feeling from
The city but I've been unfaithful
I've been travelling abroad.



I will write about Berlin and Munich, but somehow I don't feel I can deal with the whole load of information that I will have to process and mediate just yet.
And I need to wait for the photos.

In the meantime, I have just "accidentially" re-discovered how terribly great this song is:



I wish I had two paths I could follow
I’d write the ending without any sorrow


I love it when songs see right through you.

We've got a fantasy affair
We didn’t get wet. We didn’t dare.
Our aspirations are wrapped up in books.
Our inclinations are hidden in looks.



If you click on this link you can illegally download one of the most amazing songs I ever heard:
The Psychiatrist Is In
I ripped it from the God Help The Girl myspace. I love Catherine Ireton's voice, which is so pleasant, and inobtrusive and the way she sings, without flourishes, is just plain beautiful. And I love the Chanson-Shuffle of the song. And I love the lyrics. I can't wait for the finished God-Help-The-Girl outcome. This project really gives me something to look forward to, musically, especially as there is a good chance that it will feature a Neil Hannon collaboration - which is something that might very well blow my mind. Belle & Sebastian AND Neil Hannon in one song. *swoons* Even though, apparently, Neil 'plays' the role of a weird Swiss man called Anton. I don't care! I don't care! The man makes the ridiculous sublime!

No comments: