Thursday 1 January 2009

2008

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't remember making any. I don't remember keeping any, either.
My top resolution for this year is to stop smoking. Predominantly because it's such a archetypical resolution, and I like archetypes.
There are other things about my life that could do with some improvement, but any actual plan in that direction would be pretty delusional

What countries did you visit?

Germany- 3 times




Berlin

Munich

And France: Paris!





What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?

I made amazing new friends who succeeded to turn my life completely upside down, in a - largely - positive way.
I joined a band and played on stage.


I did not drop out of university.

What was your biggest failure(s)?

Being stuck in a certain rut for almost 8 months. The inability to regard this as a complete failure.


Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Austrian voters'. My own.

Where did most of your money go?

Cooking and baking for friends:



Travelling.

Concert tickets.

Compared to this time last year,

My life is fuller, more confusing, and more varied.

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Worrying. Tagging along like a puppy dog. Spending endless amounts of energy and hope in vain pursuit of an unattainable thing. Wasting time. Eating. Smoking.

How will you be spending Christmas?

I spent it at home with my family, it was the most unromantic Christmas ever. I don't know why, but the magic seems to have gone out of it, pretty severely.

What was your greatest musical discovery?

Hard to say. I can't say any of the new bands particularly blew me away, although some of them are nice to dance to.
But there are a couple of bands who I'd known before, but got to know better, and learned to love 'em and stuff. Most notably: Radiohead, Tocotronic.

What book(s) did you like most?

I spend most of the year reading Restoration Drama, and art history literature. I think Tale Of Two Cities was read in the course of this year, I really liked that one.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

22. Lisa organised a small party at her place, made dumplings and Sauerkraut. We all watched Kevin behave strangely due to his birthday-madness.


How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?


I don't know - is there a concept?
Apart from the accumulation of colourful tights and berets, and more skirts and dresses than my wardrobe can hold, I don't think there was a thought-through concept.
My personal fashion concept probably looks rather boring from the outside anyway. But I do not care ...


Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?


I've really sort of grown out of this. I don't even know who's out there doing stuff at the moment.
Of course I'm still wildly in awe of Graham Coxon. And also Owen Pallett. And also Jonny Greenwood. And Dirk von Lowtzow.
But none of this happened with the dedication that I managed to muster years ago.


What political issue stirred you the most?


Probably the political dead end that is this country.
And Sarah Palin, the woman who manages to make me want to laugh and cry at the same time. But is she a political issue or does she, as an issue, already surmount the domain of politics? I don't know.


Who do you miss?

I don't know. If I do miss somebody, I'm kinda too busy to notice.


Who was the best new person you met?

Max.
And the band.


Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:

The greatest wisdom in the world is held in the skype logs of aimless twenty-somethings in urban student flats.
WHAT?
What were you expecting?

No comments: