Monday 5 May 2008

May 5th.









Looks as if I'll be travelling to Munich in July to see the Magnetic Fields. Lisa asked me to accompany her, and I love taking intercity trains for the sake of musical experiences, so naturally I said yes. The list of concerts that are coming up is ever growing longer, and it pleases me. For some reason, going to concerts is one of the few activities that make me feel really accomplished. And, apart from getting hold of the money for the tickets, it's really the easiest from the list. It takes considerably more effort to get As, or find the man of your dreams AND get him to love you, or even just to read a book. There must be other things that make me feel accomplished, but at the moment they don't seem to come to my mind.

I dread to think of my birthday which is coming up next week. It is silly, but of course these dates, these "occasions" always feel like dead lines, and oh. I haven't achieved enough yet, by far. There's nothing like a birthday to make you feel like a loser. Man-of-my-dreams had better hurry. But I suspect that he's a bit of an idiot, so what can you expect.

No comments: